Friday, August 14, 2009

the time in between...

I just wanted to share with you something that I've been learning from God this past week. After we heard of our latest delay, I was crushed and completely confused about what the reasoning was. I have been battling with God all week about the "why's" of the situation... Is there still something we're supposed to do? Are our kiddos not ready for us yet? Why couldn't He time it so they were ready when we were?... and again, He has calmed my heart.

There's a song by Francesca Battistelli called "The Time In Between" and it's all about the time when we don't see big obvious acts from God and want to so badly... and how we should learn to be grateful for that time that we're waiting because God uses it to bring us closer to Him. Here are some of the words... as well as the link to listen to the song. (which I HIGHLY recommend you do!)

Don't take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says You’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again

But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykS2ZKSzXlk

I can't help but think too that God is preparing us for something bigger than this delay. In our first post, we said that we would be faithful regardless, and so we will! It is well.
Heidi

1 comment:

hollydoberg said...

LOVE the song! Hang in there Josh and Heidi! It was SO good to see you again even if it was just for a little while. Hope you were able to get many of things you needed at the shower. We love you guys!