Saturday, August 08, 2009

many emotions for this one


Angry, sad, confused... These are just a few words to describe how I'm feeling right now. We found out yesterday that a vital piece of paperwork was not sent in when it was supposed to be. Somehow, one of our three background checks was never sent in, a representative from Bethany missed it. The bad part about this is this background check takes 1 month to get back and only THEN does our 2-4 weeks begin for our license. Which means, we will not be licensed/placed with kids until at least the second week in September.
This news is a huge blow to us as we thought we were home free and ready for placement in a few weeks.
We've been working so hard for this and our hearts are so tied in this... I'm angry that it happened and we have to wait longer. I'm sad that I don't get to be with my kids as soon as I thought I would. I'm confused at how this could have been missed and I'm confused at what God is trying to do with this. Please pray for us...


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying that God will give you patience. As long as you keep Him as your focus, He will honor you. God will prepare you for the children.

hollydoberg said...

Hang in there! I'm sure that you are really frustrated and hurting. Know that God has a kiddo(s) already picked out and Bethany can't mess that up! Can't wait to see you for your kiddo shower in ONE WEEK! Love you guys!

debbie said...

Psalm 63:8--
My soul clings to you. Your right hand upholds me."

Thought of you this morning and prayed that you would keep clinging to the Lord and feel His hand holding you!!

Unknown said...

That totally stinks! Know that God is bigger than any problem we see and He is in control of all the details even when humans screw up. You are in our prayers.

Unknown said...

That really stinks! Know that God is bigger than any problem we see and that He is totally in control even when humans mess up and don't send things in. You are in our prayers!