Friday, November 06, 2009

"Can we just say yes now?" :)


Hello Friends and Family!
WOOOOO HOOOOO!! We had our meeting about E and A today at 1:00 and it went so great! E and A WILL be placed with us! Please forgive me if this post ends up seeming scatter-brained because I'm still in shock!...

The meeting was great! It ended up being the kiddos' 2 caseworkers (one past/one present), their lawyer, their current foster father, our case manager, and us... quite a group! Anyway, we expected the meeting to be them interviewing us most of the time and then telling us that they'd let us know "in the next few weeks." (a phrase we've heard way too many times!) But, your/our prayers were answered and the meeting instead was them telling us as much information about the kids as they could and hadn't already told us... their current foster father was so great! He had so much helpful, personal information on these kids and it was very evident that he loves them dearly and that they have been very well taken care of which was so nice to see. After they told us as much as they could, they asked us if we had questions for them... which we did... and they answered those. Then, they looked at us and basically said that they are really excited about us and they couldn't wait for US to let them know as soon as possible if it's a go! AHHH! This part of the meeting is comical to us now, because we were caught to off guard! We looked back and forth at each other and at our case manager (Heather) trying to figure out if we should jump on the table and shout YES YES YES! or if we were expected to still need more time to decide... Josh jumped in and said, "Okay, we'll let you know asap." Then, we started walking out... and to my relief Josh turned around and said to their caseworker, "Can we just say yes now?" :) She said, "Yay, of course!" Haha!

So, A and E are officially planned to be with us! We are so thrilled! The kiddos' caseworker says she'd like them to be permanently placed with us before Christmas... we're not sure when exactly our first meeting with them will be. Right now, she is contacting the guy who will be our "transition coordinator" and he will be in charge of all those details. We're hoping to hear from her (and him) early next week to discuss "the plan." I'll update the blog again after that time. :)

We also got to see pictures of the little darlings and WOW are they cute!!! We will post their pics after Thanksgiving... sorry! We're so excited for the grandparents (Curt, Laurel, Diane, Dennis) to come to Colorado for Thanksgiving in a few weeks and we're really hoping they'll have a chance to meet our kids! We really want this time to be special and set aside for them alone, so for the rest of you Minnesotans, you'll have to wait to see A and E's faces until after the grandma's and grandpa's see them in person! (Don't worry, after our parents leave here with memory sticks full of pictures, I'm sure the kids will be Minnesotan celebrities in no time... okay maybe just Mora celebrities!)

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! Josh and I DEFINITELY felt them and are so appreciative! God is so amazing... He is so faithful and we are so amazed and honored that he is giving us this opportunity! May HE be glorified.

We love you. :)
Heidi and Josh

(ps... to leave a comment, just click on the comments link below and write an "anonymous" comment but PLEASE sign your name in the message!)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics and hear about the kiddos!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Josh & Heidi--

I'm so thrilled to hear that God has answered all of our prayers in such a positive way! We will of course continue to pray for you and your children as you go through this transition. I can't wait to meet your little ones!

--Kim L.

debbie said...

Oh, you guys, I'm a little in shock that it happened so fast, but SO excited for you!! I'll be praying that the visits and transition goes smoothly. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving--hmmm....what are we thankful for this year? :)

Love, Debbie and all

Anonymous said...

Doug called me at work and screamed on the phone he was so excited for you two!!! I am of course too, but couldn't be quite so dramatic :) We are sooo excited and honored that God would answer our prayers for you in such an awesome way. I can't wait to meet you all as a family! We are jealous that we aren't closer. I have loved the journey with you!
-Kristin

David Strunk said...

Hooray!

Hooray!!

Yeay!!!

Hooray!!!!

We can't wait to meet those little 'uns!

Grace and peace,
Dave and Laura

Unknown said...

I was on my way to bed but I had to check the blog one more time. I am so excited for all of you. It will so fun to hear how you become a family in the few weeks and months. God bless you all.

Great Aunt Debby

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your joy with us! My goodness, I can't stop smiling! :) We love you -- and can't wait to meet Ethan and Abbie.

Isn't God great??!!

Matt and Rachel

Phil Struska said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
{deep inhale}
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
{deep inhale}
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:-) I was praying for you just 5 minutes before the meeting started. I am so happy it went that extremely well, and that there's not a bunch more waiting before the decision is made.

I know the biggest challenges still lie ahead, but so do the biggest joys. I am doing the happy dance inside, but will spare those around me from seeing what that looks like.

Congratulations!!!

Phil Struska

Kelly and Jeff said...

I got so happy when I heard your message!! And I called Jeff immediately and got all the details. Praise Jesus! You guys are going to be amazing parents!

Love you both!

Kelly and Jeff

Barbara said...

Josh and Heidi-
What wonderful news this is! We are very happy for you!
Barbara Mims

Anonymous said...

Oh I am going to cry:)!!!! We are SO happy for you and SO excited to see pictures and meet your kids someday! What a journey this has been. Can't wait to see what in the world God has for you and your family's future!

Much love
Jenn & Ron Besser

Anonymous said...

What awesome news!! Really excited for you both, and can't wait til your family visits MN! Love you, Marcia

hollydoberg said...

I couldn't be MORE EXCITED! I LOVE the outfits you bought for the kiddos. TOO CUTE! You have waited a long time for this, but God's timing is always best...and although I'm sure it was difficult to be patient...I know you never doubted that God was in control! You are an inspiration! Love you guys...and Abbie & Ethan too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Josh and Heidi. What a blessing you will be for those kids. I will continue to pray for you all as it unfolds. Connie B

Anonymous said...

Yea - you two will be perfect parents! We love you and are so happy prayers were answered. Joey and Jim