Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Background Checks are IN!


We found out today that our background checks are in! Now, they are turning in our issue certificate and home study and we're waiting for our provider number (license)! They tell us that this process takes 2-4 weeks to complete. Obviously, we're hoping to be on the lower end of that, but we're really excited to have one more thing behind us!
It's kind of crazy to think that we will be a licensed foster home within the next month... and that the kiddo(s) we get could be the ones we will have FOREVER! Woo hoo! We're really excited!
Thanks for your prayers and also, I wanted to say thanks so much for actually reading our blog and for keeping yourself updated and informed! I sometimes wonder if anyone is even reading this and then I'll get a comment or a call after a post and it really lifts my spirit!
We can see the light at the end of this tunnel... and we're psyched!
Heidi and Josh


5 comments:

hollydoberg said...

FABULOUS!! I'm actually surprised that the background checks went through after what I told them about you guys! :) Ha, ha! JK! Love you. Can't wait to meet your kiddos too!

Unknown said...

As soon as you say you have an update, I drop everything else to check this out. I am excited for you too.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...everything looks great and sounds like things are on track. I can't wait to meet these lucky kids and love on em!! You haven't changed your mind about Kellie and I have you?? Just kidding.

Love,
Shanna

EmilyLu said...

YAY!!! I am THRILLED for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I already knew this. The foster agancy always lets grandpa know first :)

Glad to hear the news.The journey is nearly ending or should I say just beginning.